MARKET RESEARCH COUNCIL, INC.
“Predicting Prediction Research”
Founder, Media Predict
Friday, January 20, 2017
12 Noon - 2:00pm
The Yale Club of New York
In this luncheon presentation, Stinski will look at the state of one branch of predictive research, community forecasting, a field including prediction markets (like Predict It and the Iowa Electronic Markets), as well as predictive communities like the Good Judgment Project (as outlined in Philip Tetlock’s bestseller “Superforecasting”).
Issues to be addressed include:
· What is community predictive research? We’ll look at prediction markets, predictive surveys, and more.
· What’s the evidence? What are the strengths of these methods? (And if they are so wonderful, why didn’t they get the 2016 election right?)
· What’s the best way to think about community prediction? (Hint: the closer you look, the tougher it gets.)
· What psychology are we tapping into when we ask study participants to predict – and what kind of research product does that generate?
· Community prediction and industry. Will there be a Moneyball moment, in which a client uses these methods to record disruptive business success? (Or, has this already happened?)
About Brent Stinski
Brent Stinski is the founder of Media Predict, a pioneering company using prediction markets to generate custom research, currently serving major media clients in the US, the UK, and India. Mr. Stinski founded Media Predict shortly after completing a PhD at Cambridge University, in which he studied the psychology of emotional response to art and entertainment. In 2016 Mr. Stinski left Media Predict to found Future, a predictive casual game that will debut in mid-2017.
Please join us with a guest for what will be an informative presentation.
Meeting date: Friday, January 20, 2017
Time: 12noon – 2:00pm
Where: Yale Club of New York, E. 44th St. & Vanderbilt Ave., 18th Fl.
(payment at the Door via Cash or a Check only)
$60 – MRC Members
$75 – Guests
$50 - Honorary Life Members
For Reservations: Call 212-481-3038 or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder: MRC Active Members MUST ATTEND AT LEAST FOUR (4) luncheon meetings per program year to maintain their membership status.
2016-17 Winter/Spring Luncheon Dates
January 20, 2017
February 24 March 17
April 21 May 12
Visit our website at http://www.mrcouncil.org/